Wednesday, March 18, 2009

closing thoughts on the eve of a final.....

final exam tomorrow.. Public Policy. Im not ready. I know what I know, and its not nearly as much as I should. Im not worried though, I mean, I know I'll pass the course, but I just have no motivation to try and blow it out of the water. I feel like my Portland State academic endeavors are not as ambitous as they should be, due to the fact that even if I manage to pull out a 4.0 gpa from here on out, I still can't graduate with honors. (Says the PSU law of the land that mandates it so for transfer students) This gives me no incentive to be any more than just passing or mediocre. Grr.. why do I let those complacent thoughts take over my mind? I mean, is it that bad to not be bothered by the fact that my transcripts will reflect straight A's from my community college in Texas, and the Portland grades will add a splash of B's and dare I say C's? Grrr again. Where is my motivation? Why am I not compelled to be a top notch student? Maybe deep down I am rationalizing this with the idea that George W. Bush went to an ivy league school, pulled in average grades and attained the highest job in all of the land. Hell, if its good enough for Dubya... its good enough for me. Good night winter quarter... hopefull I can pick up some inspiration for the spring during my week off.

No comments: